The Sullivan County Public Library has five locations to serve the community.
Visit www.scpltn.org for details.
NEWS FROM THE LIBRARY
• The new website is up and running. Look at it www.scpltn.org to find information, links, and resources.
• The summer reading program will continue. Go to scpltn.readsquared.com or visit your local office for more information.
• If you can’t make it to one of our libraries, we’re always open online via our Libby and Hoopla apps. Use your SCPL library card to access library materials online today. Visit www.libbyapp.com or www.hoopladigital.com.
FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
All branches offer summer reading programs on the theme of “Oceans of Opportunity”:
• Sullivan Main, July 12 at 10:00 am for Pre-K and 10:45 am for Elementary students – Octopuses, Jellyfish and Squid: Join us as we build jellyfish out of paper and learn how these sea creatures move through the water.
• Sullivan Gardens, July 12 at 2:00 pm for Elementary School Children – Tropical Fish with a mosaic fish vehicle.
• Bloomingdale, July 13 at 10:00 am – Puffers: After the story hour, enjoy a special virtual presentation by the Nashville Zoo to visit with some of their animal friends.
• Sullivan Gardens, July 13 at 10 am for Pre-K – Jellyfish.
• Colonial Heights, July 14 at 10 am – Otters: Friends from Bays Mountain Park will be sharing all about otters.
• Thomas Memorial, July 14 at 10:30 am – Oceans on an Ocean-in-a-bag boat.
• The Lego Club meets at Sullivan’s main office on July 11 at 4:00 pm for summertime fun with friends.
• The 8-12 year old arts program meets July 12 at 11:00 am at the Thomas Memorial branch Pointillism, an art style where you paint small dots of color to create a picture, is the theme for this week.
• Ashlie, a homeschool mom, helps children practice reading on July 13 at 11:00 am at the Colonial Heights branch. Call or stop by to reserve a spot.
• A book club for elementary school children will meet on July 14 at 3:00 pm at Sullivan main store for the Magical Tree House series. We’ll be reading Vacation Under the Volcano this week.
• Teen Book Clubs will meet at Sullivan’s main office on July 14 at 4:00 pm to read and discuss “Beyond the Bright Sea” by Lauren Wolk.
• Sullivan Headquarters will be making picture frames on the surf side decorated with seashells on July 13 at 2:00 pm
• Marty Silver of Warriors’ Path State Park will visit Sullivan’s main office on July 15 at 10:30 am to show and talk with some of his animal friends
• At Sullivan’s main office, Geri-Fit, a strength-training class for older adults, is held Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 am
• The Bloomingdale branch is offering one-on-one instruction in computing basics including Word, Excel, email and web browsing on July 12th. Call or stop by to reserve a spot between 10am and 3pm
• The Colonial Heights Branch will be offering a course on using the Libby app for online library materials on July 12 at 10:00 am
• Join the Cookbook Club at Thomas Memorial on July 14 at 12:30pm. Create a recipe from your favorite cookbook and bring it with you to share with other cookbook lovers.
• The Reader’s Choice Book Club meets July 14 at 11:30 am at the Thomas Memorial branch. This month’s book is A Long Call Home by Ann Cleeves.
• Hooked on Crochet meets at the Sullivan Gardens branch on July 15 at 2:00 pm. Come along to learn some basic patterns. Materials will be provided, but participants are welcome to bring their own projects.BRANCH LOCATIONS
To register or find other upcoming events, call or visit any of the branches:
• Sullivan Main, 1655 Blountville Blvd., Blountville or call 423-279-2714.
• Bloomingdale, 3230 Van Horn St., Kingsport or by calling 423-288-1310.
• Colonial Heights, 149 Pactolus Road, Kingsport or call 423-239-1100.
• Sullivan Gardens, 104 Bluegrass Drive, Kingsport or call 423-349-5990.
• Thomas Memorial, 481 Cedar St., Bluff City or call 423-538-1980.