SARATOGA SPRINGS – The Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College reopened to the public on February 3, announcing a series of upcoming tours that are free and open to the public.
Tang Guide Tours, on Sundays at 2:00 p.m. during the spring semester (through May 1), offer visitors an overview of the museum and what there is to see. These tours are conducted by Tang Guides, Skidmore College students and Visitor Services staff, who are part of a program that introduces them to the Tang and museum world, trains them to be gallery ambassadors and tour guides, and provides guidance on how to art speaks about this and gives them valuable experience in dealing with visitors.
In the case of curator tours, the organizing curator(s) provide detailed information about an exhibition:
• Friday, February 11, noon: Tang Student Advisory Council member Paige Meade ’22 hosts Hyde Cabinet #15: Doomsday.
• Thursday, February 17, noon: Rachel Seligman, Assistant Director of Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator, Nancy Thebault, Assistant Professor of Art History, and students at Scribner’s Outsiders? Folk and Self-Taught Artists in the United States tour On Their Own Terms.
• Thursday, March 24, noon: Associate Curator Rebecca McNamara gives a tour of Radical Fiber: Threads Connecting Art and Science, which includes the community-created crocheted coral reef Saratoga Springs Satellite Reef.
• Thursday, April 14, noon: Dayton Director Ian Berry hosts Opener 34: Ruby Sky Stiler – New Patterns.
• Thursday, May 12, noon: Assistant Director for Curatorial Affairs and Malloy Curator Rachel Seligman on Thursday, May 12 at 12 p.m. for a guided tour of Lauren Kelley: Location Scouting
All tours are free and open to the public. The museum is open until 9pm on Thursdays and until 5pm on Fridays and Sundays. All visitors are asked to follow Skidmore College protocols for COVID-19, including wearing high quality KN95 masks (or equivalent masks such as N95 or KN94). ) and proof of vaccination plus booster vaccination via a vaccination card, a copy of a vaccination card or the Excelsior passport.