âOn-site shoppingâ doesn’t have to mean getting into the car right away: the internet is teeming with articles by talented artists and craftsmen in their houses, garages and backyards. Below is a list of talented people in and around Athens County, some of whom sell online only and others whose work can be found in local stores. In Athens, find locally made goods at the Hyacinth Bean Florist, Passion Works Studio, White’s Mill, and Kindred Market; In Nelsonville, visit the Starbrick Gallery and the New Leaf Emporium.
Some artisans will have items for sale in the Athens Holiday Markets, held at the Market on State from 9am to 12pm on the first three Saturdays of December.
This list is incomplete! To add a local handyman, email [email protected] with “Local Shop” in the subject line.
Pins, needles and hooks
- Cricket Jones jewelry. Original handmade jewelry made from silverware and antique and recycled materials.
- Petite prairie. Resin and felted wool jewelry inspired by nature.
- Hxve mercy. Funky jewelry; also vinyl bumper stickers.
- Jewelry box rocks. Gemstone jewelry in sterling silver, gold, copper or bronze.
- Fashion petty crime. Unique handcrafted mixed media jewelry.
- Playing with glass. Fused glass jewelry, picture frames and other decorations designed and designed by Amanda Buchanan.
- Qberry creations. Individual and handmade jewelry and gifts.
- Steffie’s sparkles. Leather, gemstone and crystal jewelry and hand-painted upcycling glassware.
- Tinas Tiaras. Handmade tiaras for all ages. Products also available at Starbrick Gallery, Nelsonville; Hyacinth Bean Florist, West Union Street; Passion Works Studio, Uptown Athens.
Something that holds the place together
For the creative do-it-yourselfer
Gifts for gamers and fans
List compiled by Corinne Colbert. Would you like to add your shop? Send an email to [email protected] with “Local Shopping” in the subject line.